By Occasion

A woman was walking down the street. A man noticed her and started following her. The woman stopped and asked: – Why are you following me? – I fell in love with you. – Well, my sister is much prettier than I am. And she is right behind you. Have a look. The man looked … Read more

Two friends were walking down the street. One of them complained to the other about the misfortunes of his family life. His wife had been nagging him for a decade, constantly fighting, demanding enormous amounts of attention and money for all kinds of trivial things, and routinely loading him with endless lists of household chores. … Read more

Once upon a time, a terrible dragon settled beside a stream in the mountains. The people were left without water. Women were crying, children were dying of thirst. The men tried to kill the dragon, but he swept everyone with his long tail. The people were in despair. It was at this time that a … Read more

One king had only one daughter. When she was ten years old, she began to run so fast that she had no equal. And when the time came, the king announced throughout the kingdom that his daughter will marry the one who will be able to outrun her in a race. To make things even … Read more

A certain sage brought a glass of living water to an emperor and said: – “If you drink this water – you will become immortal. If you don’t – you will eventually end up in the country of the dead. Just like everybody else.” The emperor thought a while about the offer, but couldn’t decide … Read more

One day, a poor man appeared at the door of a royal palace. No one dared to stop him when he headed straight for the throne on which a king was seated. – What do you need? – asked the king. – A place in the caravan, to spend the night. – This is not … Read more

Once upon a time, in a family of ordinary mice, a baby mouse was born. Few years passed, and she grew up to become a dazzling beauty. When it was her turn to get married, her parents started looking for a suitable mate. But how could they find one? Who was special enough to deserve … Read more

Delia and James were a poor couple in their 20’s living in a modest apartment. They owned very little and took pride in two of their belongings: Delia’s beautiful hair and Jim’s gold watch. Delia wanted to buy her husband a gift, but the money never seemed enough. A day before Christmas, she was twenty … Read more

A collection of mothers day quotes, stories and toasts that can be used by son, daughters, husbands, friends and family. [hr] 6 years: Mom knows everything! 8 years: Mom knows a lot! 12 years: Mom really doesn’t know everything! 14 years: Mom knows nothing! 16 years: Mom, what mom? 18 years: Mom is outdated! 25 … Read more

Here is a ‘remember quote’ that you can use as part of a toast when remembering someone who passed away or encouraging someone to lead a life worth to remember. “There was never a man in history who lived an easy life and left a name worth remembering.” ~ Theodore Roosevelt May we also merit to … Read more

Here is a famous quote that can be used to toast for a good day or a fun event: Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, which is why we call it the present.[by Bil Keane] You can add to this quote with one of the following: “Let’s raise a toast … Read more

Here is a quote toast can be used to wish for passion in learning, or meaning in work, or finding a personal life purpose. It can also be used as a compliment to a person who has a fulfilling career or business. Or, as a New Years toast to wish everyone a purposeful and meaningful … Read more

The father or the mother of the groom or of the bride can use this line to create a beautiful wedding toast:   It is written, when children find true love, parents find true joy. Here’s to your joy and ours from this day forward.

I do not wish you health or wealth, but luck. People who were on the Titanic were healthy and wealthy, but only a few were lucky.

On your birthday I want to say a small prayer for you. “Thank you God for bringing this beautiful woman in this world whom I call my mother. Had she not been here, I wouldn’t be either. I owe so much to her! Please bless her!” Happy Birthday Mom!

Wisdom has nothing to do with Age. If the latter precedes the former, then it’s a disaster and if the former precedes the latter, it’s annoying! May you get the right amount of wisdom with the right age. Happy Birthday!

You know that in physics – getting an object at rest to begin moving requires far more energy than it does to keep it moving. Think of a rocket for a second. 90 percent of the power is used in the first several moments, to get the rocket into the air. The other 10 percent … Read more

Inspiring Stories for Personal Growth

Join free to get inspiring stories to your inbox once a month.

You have Successfully Subscribed!