A man with a dog walked on a long and tiresome road.
He walked for a long time and got very tired. The dog was tired too.
Suddenly in front of him he noticed an oasis!
A beautiful gate – and behind the fence – music, flowers, the sound of a stream.
- “What is this place?” the traveler asked the gatekeeper.
- “This is paradise, you have already died, and now you can enter and relax.”
- “Is there water there?”
- “As much as you want: clean fountains, cool pools…”
- “Will they give me something to eat?”
- “Whatever you want.”
- “But the dog is with me.”
- “Sorry, sir, you can’t go in with dogs.” The dog will have to stay here.
So the traveler turned and continued his journey along the road.
After a while, the road led him to a farm.
A gatekeeper also sat at the gate.
- “I’m thirsty,” the traveler asked.
- “Come in, there is a well in the yard.
- “And my dog?
- “Near the well you will see a drinking bowl.
- “What to eat
- “I can treat you to dinner.”
- “And the dog?
- “There is a bone.
- “What is this place?”
- It is a paradise.
- How so? The gatekeeper at the palace nearby told me that heaven is there.
- “He’s lying.” There it is hell.
- “Why do you let them lie like this?”
- “Well, they are actually very useful for us. Because only those who do not abandon their friends reach the real paradise.”