One day, a poor man appeared at the door of a royal palace. No one dared to stop him when he headed straight for the throne on which a king was seated.
– What do you need? – asked the king.
– A place in the caravan, to spend the night.
– This is not a caravan! This is my palace!
– Can I find out who owned this palace before you?
– My father. But he is no longer alive.
– And who was its owner before him?
– My grandfather. He, too, died.
– So, this is a place where people stop for a short time and continue their journey in the morning… In my humble opinion, I don’t think you said anything about this not being a caravan.
- We are all in the waiting room…
- Mello, Anthony de. When God Laughed. M., 2003.